Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Egypt would you join the 16th of April protests for animal rights?

If I were Egyptian I most certainly would. I wish I had the words to describe how my heart breaks when there is cruelty to animals..or children, or to anybody or any life form. But since the question refers to animals I would like to comment that the Qur'an tells humans they are "the viceroys" of the earth. In the long run it means we are to care for all things earthly..including ourselves as well as other societies and the Qur'an teaches that ALL living things are societies. “There is not an animal on the earth, nor any being that wings its flight, but is a people like unto you...” (Quran 6:38) To be a good Muslim we must recognize that all living things have rights and we are to treat them as a society sanctioned by God. I wish you peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment